Motorsports & Automotive Marketing Executive
Brand Manager, CEO and Creative Director
Racing and Events Marketing Manager for AMSOIL. Formerly, the Executive Director for the Iron Dog, The World’s Longest Toughest Snowmobile Race. I have a successful track record with Fortune 100 companies and building my own businesses. I have real-world technical, analytical and creative skills.
I love cars. I get things done.
### Areas of Expertise ###
Public Relations ⦁ Brand Management ⦁ Product Development ⦁ Budgeting ⦁ Project Management ⦁ Marketing Analytics ⦁ Event & Promotion Management ⦁ Copywriting ⦁ Social Media Management ⦁ Partnership & Channel Development
### Professional Experience ###
AMSOIL INC – Superior, WI (2017 to present)
First in synthetic motor oils, since 1972. CPG in the automotive and powersports industry.
Racing and Events Marketing
Currently managing the team, multi-million dollar budget and ROI for all AMSOIL racing and engagement marketing. Working alongside our integrated marketing group, I drive AMSOIL’s consumer product growth through motorsports racing, engaging events, programs and promotions.
Iron Dog, Inc. – Anchorage, AK (2010 to 2017)
World’s longest snowmobile race; 2,000 miles across the Alaskan wilderness.
The Iron Dog is the longest and toughest snowmobile race in the world. In my first year I managed to elevate the Iron Dog to historic high levels of funding, prizes, event attendance and media exposure. As of 2015, Iron Dog has reached all new levels of exposure, funding and awareness. In 2014, Ski-Doo named a product after the race, a first-ever national TV documentary aired in 2015 on NBCsn, the 2015 ceremonial race began in downtown Anchorage, Alaska and the event was the first-ever motorsport to be inducted into the 2015 Alaska Sports Hall of Fame.
- Since 2011 I have grown the event to record levels of participation, attendance and the largest budget in the history of the organization.
- Multiplied the bottom line revenue by 15x in just under 3 years.
- Negotiated and orchestrated first-ever live TV coverage in the 28-year history of event.
- Generated more than $190K in charitable giving since 2011.
- Shaped and executed activities covering more than 2,000 miles, touching 21 communities and 4 major events in two largest cities in Alaska.
- Tripled social media following in first year and doubled in the second year, yielding a 500% increase in the first 2 years.
- Doubled event attendance and viewership through media, PR and marketing strategy.
- Negotiated branded product deal with international manufacturer.
- Coordinated strategies and tactics with national and regional product marketing and marketing teams for (OEM) major manufacturers, dealers and sponsors.
AlumaSki (Mackinnon Marine Technologies, Inc.) – Anchorage, AK (2015 to 2016)
A new class of sport utility boat. The aluminum boat you sit on, not in.
Marketing Manager and CEO
Worked hard to develop a fledgling start-up boat manufacturing business in Alaska.
Alaska HDTV – Anchorage, AK (2007 to 2010)
Online media advertising representatives company.
Co-Founder / Marketing Director
Established a new media firm specializing in online video distribution, social media marketing and video production.
- Led all product positioning and key product messages while coordinating marketing efforts with travel industry partners.
- Yielded 300% audience growth within first year.
- Closed major marketing campaigns with companies such as Bank of America, USTravel and Alaska Airlines.
- Developed unique media distribution models, including airline, retail store and a branded mobile app.
Popchair Creative – Seattle, WA (2005 to 2007)
Web design company specializing in professional web design, SEO services and SEO web development.
Co-Founded a Seattle-based web design and creative company. Managed public relations and business development for several early-stage startup companies.
- Spearheaded the launch of several websites in the Seattle area for startup companies and small to medium sized businesses.
GCI – Anchorage, AK (2000 to 2005)
Largest telecommunications company in AK.
Internet Product / Content Manager
Hired to lead the development of multimedia efforts and strategic direction for Alaska.com while maintaining GCI.com, GCI.net and related corporate web sites. Scope of diverse accountability included project / program management, business case development, product analysis, success reporting, multimedia development, training and documentation.
- Successfully launched new products with budgets of up to $2.5M. Managed a major project to deploy a new cable modem network; from product designs to the point of customer contact including features, schedule, cost, pricing, line positioning, and lifecycle management.
- Directed the development of a new streaming media service.
Starbucks Coffee Company – Seattle, WA (2000)
International coffee company and coffeehouse chain.
Managed a team of 12, including several Microsoft contractors. Established and managed project plans, development teams and business requirements for the recently acquired music website. Instrumental in additional product development projects in conjunction with Real Networks, Panasonic and AT&T.
- Launched the first Starbucks/Hear Music e-commerce website. Led project from concept through on-time release within budget.
Nerland Agency (Now called Spawn) – Anchorage, AK (1999)
Brand strategy and communications agency with expertise in building trust and confidence for B2C and B2B stakeholders.
Interactive Media Director
Provided decisive leadership to a team of creative and web development personnel.
- Established a new interactive department while developing UI/HCI standards.
Internet Alaska, Inc. – Anchorage, AK (1997 to 1999)
Leading Internet service provider in AK.
Director of New Media
Provided decisive leadership to a web design team and implemented new technologies into the company site¾www.alaska.net. Developed external internet and intranet sites, banner advertising campaigns and corporate branding art projects. Shaped all creative aspects for web and print design projects.
- Guided the launch of streaming media services, including the deployment of streaming servers, content development and media partnerships. Partnered with local radio, television and marketing agencies to create special event web sites, including www.Dogsled.com. Expanded exposure to 200K visitors per day in 1999 for the duration of the race.
Alaska Federal Credit Union – Anchorage, AK (1996 to 1997)
Provides a full range of financial services with branch offices throughout AK, Western WA and CA’s High Desert region.
Electronic Media Marketing Officer
Directed the design and maintenance of all electronic services, including website, kiosk screen, marquee signs and several internal marketing messages. Worked closely with Senior Vice Presidents to develop marketing strategies.
- Pioneered the company’s first-ever corporate and public facing websites.
### Professional Profile ###
Education: Mechanical Engineering Studies
University of Oklahoma, Southern Nazarene University, Oklahoma State University
Class B Commercial Driver License; Private Pilot License
Board Member, Fundraising Chair – Alaska Hospitality Retailers (2014-2017)
Wish Granter – Make-A-Wish Foundation of Alaska (2001)
- Computer/software: Broad spectrum and depth in web design, development, Office and Mac iWork tools, Adobe Creative tools, Final Cut, mobile and other video/computer hardware knowledge.
- Mechanically inclined with specific experience in automotive restoration, engine repair/building with general automotive and powersports maintenance skills.